Another day older and deeper in debt… day, year — whatever you want to call it. I’m officially 42 years young as of 8:49 a.m. this morning. All I want for my birthday is to receive an offer on my trailer for full asking price. Too much to ask? Na; think big or go home I say.
I’m into spoiling myself a bit today. This morning, I stopped for a latte and pumpkin spiced bread pudding muffin. Major calorie splurge, but I’m worth it. Tonight, I have dinner plans with a group of friends, and I’m planning on having a glass (or 2) of wine. I haven’t had a glass all week — yeah me.
It’s true what they say about growing wiser; life teaches you lessons. I admit that for me, some lessons need to be learned over and over. However, I have learned what’s important:
- Time goes fast, so don’t waste it.
- The most important things in life are free: friends, family, and my dog.
- My career does not define me as a person.
- I will never know it all, so always seek knowledge.
- I will never understand men.
- When I allow it to happen, people surprise me in the most beautiful ways.
- It’s OK to ask for help.
- Nobody’s perfect, so love yourself just the way you are.
- Life is unpredictable, so stay flexible.
- Every day is a gift, and it’s ok to feel sad, happy, angry, blah, excited … it’s ok to feel what ever I feel.
It’s been a year of personal growth and recovery, and I’m thankful I’ve had all of you cheering me on. This year I have accomplished the following: started part-time university studies online, detached from an abusive ex, reno’d my bedroom, discontinued taking anti-anxiety meds, quit chewing nicorette, put my house up for sale, and I started writing this blog. All-in-all, a pretty productive year. Now to sell my trailer, buy a house, and find a lover… 3 months left of 2016; I think I can make it happen.
Happy Friday my blog friends; I hope you enjoy the weekend.