I’ve been spinning my wheels since I made the decision to switch up my anxiety meds, which led to the ultimate decision to quit taking them after 10 years of use. I’ve had ups and downs, and I’m sure I still have a long recover road ahead of me. Today, however, I’ve decided I’ve had enough. I’m done talking about it, and I’m ready to move on with life. To accomplish this, I must make it happen; therefore, this weeks project is THE FUN MAKER.
I need more fun in my life, so I’m setting a goal to do one (1) “NEW FUN” thing a day this week. In order to make this a successful venture, I’ve set a few rules for myself.
Fun Making Rule Book
- Cannot be exercise related. (I work out twice a day as it is; therefore, exercise is a daily hobby and cannot be classified as “NEW FUN.”
- Must not include alcohol.
- The television must be left off for the whole week. (I usually end my day with a show or two, but this just makes me lazy.)
- No shopping allowed. (Too often I shop for entertainment when I’m bored.)
- No pre-planning. (each fun event must be decided on the day it occurs. Exception: Wednesday evening my mom is treating me to a pedicure; this will count as my fun for the day)
- Be as spontaneous as possible.
Rules may not sound fun, but I know myself; I need rules to follow.
Today’s fun: Swim in the river after my workout.
The plan is to go straight to the beach after a short workout at the gym. No stops in between, as I might get side tracked and opt out of my fun time. During my fun time, I promise myself to be mindful of the event, and I am not allowed to bring any worries or busy brain along for the ride. I do not have a towel or swim suit with me, so I will have to swim in my workout shorts and then let the sun dry me off before I leave.
Monday Funday: River Swim — Pictures to follow.
Happy Monday Friends.